Opioid Safety Education for Adolescents
- Abraham O, Rosenberger CA, Birstler J. Psychometric validation of the adolescent opioid safety and learning (AOSL) scale using confirmatory factor analysis: a nationally representative sample. J Am Pharm Assoc. Available online March 30, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2022.03.017
- Abraham O, Szela L, Brasel K, Hoernke M. Engaging youth in the design of prescription opioid safety education for schools. J Am Pharm Assoc. Available online October 20, 2021.
- Abraham O, Rosenberger C, Birstler J, Tierney K. Examining adolescents’ opioid knowledge and likelihood to utilize an educational game to promote medication safety. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2021. Available online September 20, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2021.09.005
- Abraham O, Thakur T, Brasel K, Norton D, Rosenberger C. Development of the adolescent opioid safety and learning (AOSL) scale using exploratory factor analysis. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2021. In Press. Available online 12 June 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2021.06.007
- Abraham O, Szela L, Thakur T, Brasel K, Brown R. Adolescents perspectives on prescription opioid misuse and medication safety. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther. 2021;26(2):133-143. https://doi.org/10.5863/1551-6776-26.2.133
- Abraham O, Szela L, Norton D, Stafford H, Hoernke M, Brown R. Adolescents’ awareness about prescription opioid misuse and preferences for educational interventions. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2020;60(6):P978-985.
- Abraham O, Thakur T, Brown R. Prescription opioid misuse and the need to promote medication safety among adolescents. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2019;15(7):841-844. doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2019.01.003.
Game-Based Learning to Improve Medication Safety
- Abraham O, Rosenberger C, Tierney K, Birstler J. Investigating the use of a serious game to improve opioid safety awareness amongst adolescents: a quantitative study. JMIR Serious Games. 2021 Nov 6. doi: 10.2196/33975. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34747712.
- Abraham O, Thakur T, Brown R. Developing a theory-driven serious game to promote prescription opioid safety among adolescents: mixed methods study. JMIR Serious Games. 2020 (July 03); 8(3):e18207.
- Abraham O, LeMay S, Bittner S, Thakur T, Stafford H, Brown R. Investigating serious games that incorporate medication use for patients: a systematic literature review. JMIR Serious Games. 2020;8(2):e16096. doi:10.2196/16096.
- Abraham O, Tidd M, Buechel M, Thakur T, Brown R. Student pharmacists’ assessment of a serious game on opioid medication safety. Innov Pharm. 2020;11(4):Article 19. https://doi.org/10.24926/iip.v11i4.2937
- Abraham O, Feathers A, Grieve LB, Babichenko D. Developing and piloting a serious game to educate children about over-the-counter medication safety. J Pharm Health Serv Res. June 2019;10(2):235-241.
Cancer Education for Youth & Women
- Abraham O, Szela L, Khan M, Geddam A. Exploring middle school students’ perspectives on utilizing serious games for cancer prevention education: a focus group study. JMIR Serious Games. Epub ahead of print. October 12, 2021. doi: 10.2196/31172
- Abraham O, Rosenberger C, LeMay S, Bittner S. Adolescents’ perceptions about cancer and preferences for cancer education. Cancer Control. 2021;28:1-12. https://doi.org/10.1177/10732748211036057
- Abraham O, Szela L, Feng E, Egbujor M, Gay S. Exploring youth perceptions about cancer prevention and preferences for education: a qualitative study. J Cancer Educ. 2021. Available online August 13, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13187-021-02077-0
- Han J, Jungsuwadee P, Abraham O, Ko D. Shared decision-making and women’s adherence to breast and cervical cancer screenings. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15(1509):1-13. doi: 10.3390/ijerph15071509
Pharmacists’ Role in Cystic Fibrosis Management
- Abraham O, Buechel M, Gay S, Szela L, Decker C, Braun A. Using a work system framework to investigate pharmacists’ roles in cystic fibrosis management. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther. 2022;27(3):270-276. doi:10.5863/1551-6776-27.3.270
- Abraham O, LeMay S, Nixon G, Braun A, Szela L, Decker C. Characterizing medication management and the role of pharmacists in caring for people living with cystic fibrosis: A work system approach. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2021;61(5):547-554. doi:10.1016/j.japh.2021.04.006
- Abraham O, Morris AO. Opportunities for outpatient pharmacy services for patients with cystic fibrosis: perceptions of healthcare team members. Pharmacy. 2019;7(2)34. doi: 10.3390/pharmacy7020034
- Abraham O, Li J, Monangai KE, Feathers AM, Weiner DJ. Pharmacists’ role in supporting people living with cystic fibrosis. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2018;58(3):246-249. doi: 10.1016/j.japh.2018.01.006
Improving Adolescent Health: Role of Pharmacists & Technology
- Abraham O, Wytiaz R, Feathers A. Pediatric use of medication adherence apps: a qualitative analysis of the perspectives of children and parents. J Pharm Pract Res. 2019;49:2 (April 2019 edition). doi: 10.1002/jppr.1460.
- Abraham O, Feathers A, Mook HN, Korenoski AS. The perceived benefits of student pharmacists educating children on over-the-counter medication safety. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2019;11(2):184-191. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cptl.2018.11.005
- Abraham O, Chmielinski J. Adolescents’ misuse of over-the-counter medications: the need for pharmacist-led intervention. Innov Pharm. 2018;9(3):Article 4. https://doi.org/10.24926/iip.v9i3.979.
- Abraham O, Rubin M, Monangai KE, Feathers A. Perspectives on pharmacist involvement in STI prevention and treatment counseling for adolescents and young adults. Pennsylvania Pharmacist. May/June 2018:99(3):16. https://issuu.com/nochippedpaint/docs/may-june-2018.
- Abraham O, Feathers A, Schleiden LJ, Ye X. Exploring over-the-counter medication use among college students and the role of pharmacists. Int J Pharm. 2018;8(1):75-81.
- Abraham O, Brothers A, Rubin M, DeBlasio R. How can pharmacists support STI prevention and treatment among female adolescents and young adults? Inov Pharm. 2017;8(2): Article 3.
- Abraham O, Alexander DS, Schleiden LJ, Carpenter DM. Identifying barriers and facilitators that affect community pharmacists’ ability to engage children in medication counseling: a pilot study. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther. 2017;22(6):412-422. doi: 10.5863/1551-6776-22.6.412
- Abraham O, Brothers A, Alexander DS, Carpenter DM. Pediatric medication use experiences and patient counseling in community pharmacies: perspectives of children and parents. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2017;57(1):38-46. doi: 10.1016/j.japh.2016.08.019
- Carpenter DM, Abraham O, Alexander DS, Horowitz K. Counseling of children and adolescents in community pharmacies: Results from a 14-day observational study. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2016;56(3):266-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2016.03.001
- Wytiaz RM, Lee HM, Odukoya OK. Smart phone apps: An innovative approach to improving pediatric medication adherence. Innov Pharm. 2015;6(4):1-4.