Opioid Safety Education for Adolescents
- Abraham, O, Szela, L, Brasel, K, Hoernke, M. Engaging youth in the design of prescription opioid safety education for schools. J Am Pharm Assoc. Available online October 20, 2021.
- Abraham, O, Rosenberger, C, Birstler, J, Tierney, K. Examining adolescents’ opioid knowledge and likelihood to utilize an educational game to promote medication safety. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2021. Available online September 20, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2021.09.005
- Abraham, O, Thakur, T, Brasel, K, Norton, D, Rosenberger, C. Development of the adolescent opioid safety and learning (AOSL) scale using exploratory factor analysis. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2021. In Press. Available online 12 June 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2021.06.007
- Abraham, O, Szela, L, Thakur, T, Brasel, K, Brown, R. Adolescents perspectives on prescription opioid misuse and medication safety. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther. 2021;26(2):133-143. https://doi.org/10.5863/1551-6776-26.2.133
- Abraham, O, Szela, L, Norton, D, Stafford, H, Hoernke, M, Brown, R. Adolescents’ awareness about prescription opioid misuse and preferences for educational interventions. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2020;60(6):P978-985.
- Abraham, O, Thakur, T, Brown, R. Prescription opioid misuse and the need to promote medication safety among adolescents. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2019;15(7):841-844. doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2019.01.003.
Game-Based Learning to Improve Medication Safety
- Abraham, O, Rosenberger, C, Tierney, K, Birstler, J. Investigating the use of a serious game to improve opioid safety awareness amongst adolescents: a quantitative study. JMIR Serious Games. 2021 Nov 6. doi: 10.2196/33975. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34747712.
- Abraham, O, Thakur, T, Brown, R. Developing a theory-driven serious game to promote prescription opioid safety among adolescents: mixed methods study. JMIR Serious Games. 2020 (July 03); 8(3):e18207.
- Abraham, O, LeMay, S, Bittner, S, Thakur, T, Stafford, H, Brown, R. Investigating serious games that incorporate medication use for patients: a systematic literature review. JMIR Serious Games. 2020;8(2):e16096. doi:10.2196/16096.
- Abraham, O, Tidd, M, Buechel, M, Thakur, T, Brown, R. Student pharmacists’ assessment of a serious game on opioid medication safety. Innov Pharm. 2020;11(4):Article 19. https://doi.org/10.24926/iip.v11i4.2937
- Abraham, O, Feathers, A, Grieve, LB, Babichenko, D. Developing and piloting a serious game to educate children about over-the-counter medication safety. J Pharm Health Serv Res. June 2019;10(2):235-241.
Cancer Education for Youth & Women
- Abraham, O, Szela, L, Khan, M, Geddam, A. Exploring middle school students’ perspectives on utilizing serious games for cancer prevention education: a focus group study. JMIR Serious Games. Epub ahead of print. October 12, 2021. doi: 10.2196/31172
- Abraham, O, Rosenberger, C, LeMay, S, Bittner, S. Adolescents’ perceptions about cancer and preferences for cancer education. Cancer Control. 2021;28:1-12. https://doi.org/10.1177/10732748211036057
- Abraham, O, Szela, L, Feng, E, Egbujor, M, Gay, S. Exploring youth perceptions about cancer prevention and preferences for education: a qualitative study. J Cancer Educ. 2021. Available online August 13, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13187-021-02077-0
- Han, J, Jungsuwadee, P, Abraham, O, Ko, D. Shared decision-making and women’s adherence to breast and cervical cancer screenings. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15(1509):1-13. doi: 10.3390/ijerph15071509
Pharmacists’ Role in Cystic Fibrosis Management
- Abraham, O, Buechel, M, Gay, S, Szela, L, Decker, C, Braun, A. Utilizing a work system framework to characterize pharmacist’s role in cystic fibrosis management: perspectives of a multidisciplinary care team. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther. Accepted July 8, 2021.
- Abraham, O, LeMay, S, Nixon, G, Braun, A, Szela, L, Decker, C. Characterizing medication management and the role of pharmacists in caring for people living with cystic fibrosis: A work system approach. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2021;61(5):547-554. doi:10.1016/j.japh.2021.04.006
- Abraham, O, Morris, AO. Opportunities for outpatient pharmacy services for patients with cystic fibrosis: perceptions of healthcare team members. Pharmacy. 2019;7(2)34. doi: 10.3390/pharmacy7020034
- Abraham, O, Li, J, Monangai, KE, Feathers, AM, Weiner, DJ. Pharmacists’ role in supporting people living with cystic fibrosis. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2018;58(3):246-249. doi: 10.1016/j.japh.2018.01.006
Improving Adolescent Health: Role of Pharmacists & Technology
- Abraham, O, Wytiaz, R, Feathers, A. Pediatric use of medication adherence apps: a qualitative analysis of the perspectives of children and parents. J Pharm Pract Res. 2019;49:2 (April 2019 edition). doi: 10.1002/jppr.1460.
- Abraham, O, Feathers, A, Mook, HN, Korenoski, AS. The perceived benefits of student pharmacists educating children on over-the-counter medication safety. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2019;11(2):184-191. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cptl.2018.11.005
- Abraham, O, Chmielinski, J. Adolescents’ misuse of over-the-counter medications: the need for pharmacist-led intervention. Innov Pharm. 2018;9(3):Article 4. https://doi.org/10.24926/iip.v9i3.979.
- Abraham, O, Rubin, M, Monangai, KE, Feathers, A. Perspectives on pharmacist involvement in STI prevention and treatment counseling for adolescents and young adults. Pennsylvania Pharmacist. May/June 2018:99(3):16. https://issuu.com/nochippedpaint/docs/may-june-2018.
- Abraham, O, Feathers, A, Schleiden, LJ, Ye, X. Exploring over-the-counter medication use among college students and the role of pharmacists. Int J Pharm. 2018;8(1):75-81.
- Abraham, O, Brothers A, Rubin M, DeBlasio R. How can pharmacists support STI prevention and treatment among female adolescents and young adults? Inov Pharm. 2017;8(2): Article 3.
- Abraham, O, Alexander, DS, Schleiden, LJ, Carpenter, DM. Identifying barriers and facilitators that affect community pharmacists’ ability to engage children in medication counseling: a pilot study. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther. 2017;22(6):412-422. doi: 10.5863/1551-6776-22.6.412
- Abraham, O, Brothers, A, Alexander, DS, Carpenter, DM. Pediatric medication use experiences and patient counseling in community pharmacies: perspectives of children and parents. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2017;57(1):38-46. doi: 10.1016/j.japh.2016.08.019
- Carpenter, DM, Abraham, O, Alexander, DS, Horowitz, K. Counseling of children and adolescents in community pharmacies: Results from a 14-day observational study. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2016;56(3):266-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2016.03.001
- Wytiaz, RM, Lee, HM, Odukoya, OK. Smart phone apps: An innovative approach to improving pediatric medication adherence. Innov Pharm. 2015;6(4):1-4.