ROSE LABORATORY NEWS
- Congrats to graduate students Aaron Bishop and Sunjung Kim for having their paper accepted in Journal of Mechanical and Behavioral Biomedical Material! This work also featured as a separate paper in the Journal Data in Brief.
- Congrats to Global Health Fellow Laurel Legenza’s paper on Clostridium difficile infections in South Africa accepted in BMJ Global Health!
- Former Post -doc Andrew Berti’s (now Assistant Professor at Wayne State University) paper was accepted in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
- Sakoulas G, Rose W, Berti A, Olson J, Mungia J, Nonejuie P, Sakoulas E, Rybak MJ, Pogliano J, Nizet V. Classical beta-lactamase inhibitors potentiate the activity of peptide antibiotics daptomycin against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and colistin against Acinetobacter baumannii. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017 Jan 24;61(2).
- Guerra AD, Rose WE, Hematti P, Kao WJ. Minocycline enhances the mesenchymal stromal/stem cell pro-healing phenotype in triple antimicrobial-loaded hydrogels for inoculated cutaneous wound healing. Acta Biomater. 2017 Mar 15;51:184-196.
- Liebenstein TL, Schulz LT, Viesselmann C, Bingen E, Musuuza J, Safdar N, Rose WE. Effectiveness of tigecycline compared to a matched treatment cohort in abdominal transplant patients with polymicrobial intra-abdominal infections. Pharmacotherapy. 2017 Feb;37(2):151-158.
- Rose WE, Shukla SK, Berti AD, Hayney MS, Henriquez KM, Ranzoni A, Cooper MA, Proctor RA, Nizet V, Sakoulas G. Increased endovascular Staphylococcus aureus inoculum is the link between elevated serum IL-10 concentrations and mortality in patients with bacteremia. Clin Infect Dis. 2017 May 15;64(10):1406-1412.
- Guerra AD, Rose WE, Hematti P, Kao WJ. Minocycline modulates NFκB phosphorylation and enhances antimicrobial activity against Staphylococcus aureus in mesenchymal stromal/stem cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2017 Jul 21;8(1):171.
- Legenza LM, Barnett SG, Rose WE. Vaccines in development for the primary prevention of Clostridium difficile infection. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2017 Jul – Aug;57(4):547-549.
- Kerstenetzky L, Jorgenson MR, Descourouez JL, Leverson G, Rose WE, Redfield RR, Smith JA. Fosfomycin tromethamine for the treatment of cystitis in abdominal solid organ transplant recipients with renal dysfunction. Ann Pharmacother. 2017 Sep;51(9):751-756.
- Hodille H, Rose W, Diep B, Goutelle S, Lina G, Dumitrescu O. The role of antibiotics in modulating virulence in Staphylococcus aureus. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2017 Oct;30(4):887-917.
- Dilworth TJ, Rose WE, Sakoulas G, Bayer AS. Dissecting Out the Direct Impacts of Large-Scale Antimicrobial Stewardship Interventions on Clinical Outcomes: Can Confounding Be Overcome? Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Nov 13;65(11):1956-1957.
- Schaenzer AJ, Wlodarchak N, Drewry DH, Zuercher WJ, Rose WE, Striker R, Sauer JD. A Screen for Kinase Inhibitors Identifies Antimicrobial Imidazopyridine Aminofurazans as Specific Inhibitors of the Listeria monocytogenes PASTA Kinase PrkA. J Biol Chem. 2017 Oct 13;292(41):17037-17045.
- Schulz LT, Dworkin E, Dela-Pena J, Rose WE*. Multiple-dose oritavancin evaluation in a retrospective cohort of patients with complicated infections. Pharmacotherapy. 2018 Jan;38(1):152-159.
- Zheng X, Berti AD, McCrone S, Roch M, Rosato AE, Rose WE*, Chen B. Combination antibiotic exposure selectively alters the development of vancomycin intermediate resistance in Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2018 Jan 25;62(2).
- Reinhart, JM, Rose W, Panyard DJ, Newton MA, Liebenstein T. Yee, J. Trepanier LA. RNA expression profiling in sulfamethoxazole-treated patients with a range of in vitro lymphocyte cytotoxicity phenotypes. Pharmacol Res Perspect. 2018 Mar 2;6(2):e00388.