Expanding Beyond the Quadruple Aim: Promoting Health Equity Through Interprofessional Practice
A summit open and free to all students, faculty, and professionals at UW–Madison.
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with peers from many different health programs and will learn the importance of interprofessional collaboration in regard to disparities in health policy of underrepresented populations.
Summit Learning Objectives and Description:
- Define the Quintuple Aim.
- Explain the impact of high health care costs on individuals and populations.
- List examples of racial disparities in health care systems, including access and patient care.
- Explore ways Interprofessional Practice and Education could promote health equity.
- Generate team-based and collaborative solutions to minimize inequities among underrepresented populations.