In pursuit of its educational mission, the Zeeh Pharmaceutical Experiment Station in conjunction with the Division of Pharmacy Professional Development in the School of Pharmacy offers a coherent program of education and training in drug product development that brings the relevant science and technology together in the context of regulatory science and business.
- STATION sponsored short courses in this domain enable scientists and technical managers to increase their skills and knowledge in the process and science of drug product development.
- STATION affiliated Core Courses in Applied Drug Development represent an evolving curriculum designed to address the need for training qualified pharmaceutical scientists for the pharmaceutical industry.
- The STATION also extends similar educational opportunities to UW-Madison graduate students in pharmaceutical sciences and other scientific disciplines, to gain hands-on experience in the various aspects of preclinical drug development that will become part of their future work in the pharmaceutical industry.
Visit the Division of Pharmacy Professional Development industry course catalog for a complete list of current course offerings
Current Station-Developed Courses
- An Introduction to the Drug Development Process: Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (online)
- Principles and Experimental Strategies in Physicochemical Characterization, Solubilization and Solid Form Screening for Drug Candidate Selection (online)
- Practical Strategies for Developing Preclinical and Phase 1 Oral Drug Formulations (online)
Additional Courses with Station Contributions
- CMC Project Team Management – Principles & Practices for Successful Technical Leadership (A unique blended distance education program)
- Biologics (online)
Previously offered course(s)
- An Introduction to the Drug Development Process (2004)
- Preclinical & Drug Product Design Strategies (2005-2010)
- An Introduction to the Drug Development Process: Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (2015 – 2016, 2018 – 2019)
- Strategies and Experimental Techniques in Preformulation and Candidate Selection (2007-2008)
- Principles and Experimental Strategies in Physiochemical Characterization, Solubilization and Solid Form Screening for Drug Candidate Selection (2009 – 2015, 2017 – 2018)
- Practical Strategies for Developing Preclinical and Phase 1 Oral Drug Formulations (2008 – 2016, 2018)