The Ombuds Office serves as a confidential resource for faculty and staff in the School of Pharmacy. It is independent of existing administrative or academic structures and supplements existing resources. The ombuds can provide a comfortable, confidential environment for conflict management where interpersonal and professional difficulties can be aired – a safe forum to voice concerns, evaluate a situation, express feelings, prioritize important issues relevant to your dilemma, and develop strategies. The ombuds will treat all matters confidentially within the bounds of the law. Your privacy will be respected.
School of Pharmacy faculty, staff and employees who wish to utilize ombuds services should contact the campus Office of the Ombuds. For a consultation, please call 265-9992 and leave a message. Time and place to meet are flexible.
Please note that this office also supports student hourly and graduate student employees regarding employment challenges.
- Provide a comfortable, confidential environment for students, staff and faculty to air concerns
- Work with people to develop options for resolving their concerns or complaints
- Open channels of communication
- Serve as an intermediary or mediator for conflict management
- Seek fair and equitable solutions to problems
- As an impartial 3rd party, ask questions and, upon request, mediate management of conflicts
- With permission, bring issues to the attention of those with authority to address concerns
- Persuade in decision-making
- Report systemic issues to the Dean and other leaders with recommendations for resolution
- Career Progression & Development
- Employee Compensation & Benefits
- Evaluative / Academic Relationships
- Legal, Regulatory, Financial & Compliance
- Organizational, Strategic & Mission Related
- Peer & Colleague Relationships
- Safety, Health & Physical Environment
- Services & Administrative Issues
- Values, Ethics & Standards