Nicolet (Area Technical) College: Pharm-Tox Pre-Requisite Course Requirements

< back to Transfer Equivalencies page

Subject Area Prerequisite Requirement Transfer
2 courses Science 213 and 209 A one-semester general biology survey course, and anatomy, physiology, and microbiology do not count toward this requirement.
Chemistry 2 courses Science 245-249 and organic chemistry (see notes –> ) Nicolet College no longer offers organic chemistry; therefore, a year of organic chemistry with lab must be completed at another school.
Math 1 course Math 236 See Important Information about Calculus
Physics 2 courses • Science 276-280, or
• Science 286-287
Communication 1 course • ** English/Communications 223, or
• at least 4 on the AP English: Language & Composition exam, or
• at least 4 on the AP English: Literature & Composition exam
Social Studies 3-6 credits of electives
Additional Course Work Sufficient to result in a total of at least 60 transfer credits by the time of enrollment in the School of Pharmacy.

Last updated: 4/21/08

Note:  Pre-BS-Pharmacology-Toxicology students may wish to include in their preparatory course work, if there is time/space, some of the non-major curriculum graduation requirements: the UW-Madison Communication “B” requirement , 6 credits of humanities electives, and 3 credits of ethnic studies. An ethnic studies course will count also as social studies or humanities, if the course qualifies as such. Non-major curriculum graduation requirements that are not completed prior to enrollment in the School of Pharmacy must be completed prior to graduation.  Please contact the School of Pharmacy Admissions office for Communication “B” specifics and guidelines.

Note:  Credit by exam will be granted only in accordance with UW-Madison policies.  If students have been granted credit by another college or university for College Board Advanced Placement (AP) exams, College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams , or International Baccalaureate (IB) exams, it is imperative that they be aware of the UW-Madison credit policies. This applies also to retroactive foreign language credits. Students should not assume that these types of credits that may have been granted by another college or university will be accepted by UW-Madison.

** Non-native English speakers must take the UW-Madison English as a Second Language Assessment Test (ESLAT).  Transfer credit for English/Communications 223 will be awarded only if the student demonstrates the required level of English proficiency.