Our proven four-year curriculum provides the critical scientific foundations, the essential clinical skills in patient care, and the invaluable leadership and interprofessional team capabilities to be successful in today’s healthcare landscape. With innovative degree options to customize your PharmD education and one of the largest global health programs with partnerships in eight countries, you can stand out in the job market. Badger Pharmacists are known to be among the best in the profession. And our results speak for itself.
Our PharmD program is small with 100 – 120 students per incoming class — about the size of a high school. You’ll get to know your classmates, who will become lifelong friends, and maybe even your spouse! Our faculty and staff will know your name and will help support you in achieving your academic and professional goals.
Many students consider the School of Pharmacy community like family — a place where collaboration, not cut-throat competition, is the norm and where success is measured in relationships and service to patients. Be a part of our caring and passionate culture of pioneers and change agents who want to change lives for a better world.
The School of Pharmacy is situated in scenic Madison that’s conveniently located 90 minutes from Milwaukee, two hours from Chicago, and five hours from Minneapolis. As one of the best places to live in the nation, Madison offers everything from Big Ten sports with Badger football and basketball to world-class performing arts and the hottest concerts. Our outdoor wonderland features gorgeous lakes for boating and kayaking as well as endless miles of cycling and running trails. With more than 900 restaurants of every cuisine, Madison is a foodie paradise with James Beard award-winning chefs and amazing local craft beers.
For many students, the city of Madison begins to feel like home. And here’s a few reasons why:
- #1 Most caring city in America (WalletHub.com)
- #1 Fittest city in America (Fitbit)
- #1 Greenest city in America (NerdWallet.com)
- #2 Most walkable city in America (Expedia.com)
- #3 Top place to live in America (Livability.com)
- #4 Best cycling town (USA Today)
- #8 Happiest city in America (Huffington Post)
- #9 Best U.S. city to find a job (TheStreet.com)
Madison bursts with professional opportunities as a world-class healthcare hub. Home to more than five hospitals and three hospital systems, Madison has several top ranked health care facilities, including:
- University Hospital and UW Health at The American Center, ranked #1 in Wisconsin and #17 in the nation among Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
- UW Health’s American Family Children’s Hospital ranks as a top children’s hospital in four medical and surgical specialties, placing it among the elite children’s hospitals in the nation.
- William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, affiliated with the UW‒Madison School of Medicine and Public Health and known as one of the most innovative veterans hospitals with a 5-star rating.
In addition to being on a top medical campus, the School of Pharmacy is also only one of five in the nation with a leading health sciences campus that includes schools of pharmacy, medicine, nursing, and veterinary medicine.
Plus, as a top-tier research university, you have all of the resources of a global research powerhouse with endless research opportunities at your feet. Some of the best minds in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, engineering, and many other disciplines are right here at UW‒Madison — making incredible new discoveries to improve human health and pushing the frontiers of scientific knowledge for the next breakthrough.
As a flagship university and research powerhouse, UW–Madison makes incredible discoveries about our world and changes lives in the state, the nation, and the world. You can experience it all and make lifelong connections with many of today’s top thinkers, researchers, and leaders.