Typically, this a residential camp held in summer, but this year due to the pandemic, we will host a virtual camp from March 3 – June 2, 2021, with eight required virtual meetings, including a mandatory virtual orientation on March 3, 2021 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. (CST).
This camp will be an excellent activity to add to your college applications and resume, and attendees who actively participate will be given a certificate of completion!
Who should attend:
This virtual camp is open to any high school student who is interested in learning about becoming a pharmacist and pharmacy careers. Wisconsin residents who qualify for free and reduced lunch are highly encouraged to register.
Structure of camp (March 3 – June 2, 2021):
The virtual camp will include a mix of synchronous (live meetings) and A-synchronous (self-paced, anytime) learning opportunities from March 3 – June 2, 2021. Campers will be required to participate in eight 1-hour meetings (~twice a month) as well as participate in ~30 hours of self-paced learning activities. Students will engage in weekly reflections, which will be posted in our virtual classroom.
Campers who participate will:
- Learn about the pharmacy profession and career paths available to graduates with a PharmD degree
- Have opportunities to learn from practicing pharmacists
- Gain a familiarity with the UW–Madison campus, admissions processes, and financing options for undergraduate and professional (PharmD) education
- Connect regularly with the program director and PharmD student leader throughout the duration of the program
- Access tools and resources to become a competitive applicant for pharmacy schools