Facilities - Rennebohm Hall
The Facilities group at the University of Wisconsin –Madison School of Pharmacy (SoP) is responsible for facilities planning, operations, and safety for the School.
Facilities’ staff liaise with department chairs, administrators, and campus officials to coordinate these efforts for the SoP.
The Facilities group is led by Josh Cutler, Director of Facilities.
The UW–Madison Emergency Procedures Guide provides a quick reference to be used in preparation for an emergency on campus. It contains information about weather emergencies, chemical spills, utility failures, bomb threats, suspicious packages and persons, fires and active shooter situations.
The guide cannot cover every emergency that may arise. If you are unsure of what you need to do in your building, please ask Josh Cutler (SoP Facilities Director), contact the University Police at (608) 264-COPS (2677), or the Environment, Health & Safety Department at (608) 265-5000.
The SoP Occupant Emergency Plan (OEP) is an all-hazards plan designed around a building’s unique layout and function. The primary purpose of the OEP is to provide guidance to building occupants in the event of an emergency, such as a tornado, active shooter, gas leak or bomb threat.
The OEP provides life-saving information to the occupants of the building. Occupants need to know when it is appropriate to evacuate a building, when to shelter in place, and when to hide. This and more life-saving information is found in the OEP.
WiscAlerts is the name for UW–Madison’s emergency notification system. The system is designed to provide information about an active emergency situation that requires the community to take immediate action in order to stay safe.
Although WiscAlerts will be sent via campus email and landline phones, students, faculty and staff can also sign up online to receive alerts via text message. It’s simple and takes just a few moments.
Location: 1st Floor by the Marsh Street entrance
- Campus: Place in an inter-departmental envelope and leave in the outgoing inter-departmental mailbox
- USPS: Attach a SoP Postage Request Form to the envelope and place in the outgoing mailbox (forms are available in the brown folder to the left of the mailboxes)
UPS is the contracted shipping vendor for UW–Madison.
If you have billing questions, contact Josh Cutler.
Shipping with UPS
- Package your items.
- Contact Josh Cutler for a time to bring items to the SoP Business Office, Room 1203.
- Prepare a shipping label on the UPS computer.
- Put the shipping label and any other necessary labels on the package.
- Place on the shelf in the SoP Business Office.
- Items are picked up Monday-Friday at 10 am.
FedEx is to be used only when necessary.
For billing questions, contact Julie Steinle.
Shipping with FedEx
- Prepare a Domestic or International shipping label. (Canada is International.)
- If the item contains anything other than paper, an invoice must be supplied in 3 copies. (Invoice forms are at the FedEx table in the SoP Business Office.)
- If the item is dry ice, a standard airbill must be used (located in the SoP Business Office), and a Styrofoam box must be used, covered by a cardboard box. These must be securely sealed, and address label affixed in addition to FedEx standard airbill.
- The standard airbill MUST reference a grant number with edits on line 2 (Internal Billing Reference line).
- Dry ice shipments are considered hazardous goods and all appropriate boxes must indicate this. Dry ice shipments require a Dry Ice Label available in SoP Business Office. Complete ALL areas of label. Affix on side of box
- Bring packaged and labeled packages to the SoP Business Office by 2 pm and notify Josh Cutler that you have a FedEx shipment to be called in. All FedEx shipments go out on one 8 pm airplane regardless of when they are picked up.
Hours: 9 am – 2 pm Monday – Friday
Location: Room 1306
The SoP Stockroom stocks common office and lab supplies for employees to purchase. You are required to check out stockroom items. You will need your netID and Duo mobile device to access the checkout.
All deliveries are kept in the stockroom on the shelving in the left corner or in the refrigerator/freezer. If you have a package, your name/lab will be on the whiteboard on the side of the shelf.
Requests for maintenance/repair work, such as bathroom, water fountains, lights, room temperature, lab issues etc., can be made by emailing Josh Cutler.