To unify, coordinate, and promote research and scholarship in collaborative efforts in nanomedicine devoted to nanotechnology-based platforms that prevent, diagnose, surveil, and treat various types of diseases, enabling translational drug development.
- To promote collaborative research in nanomedicine and diagnosis/surveillance.
- To maximize synergies in pre-clinical drug development by interdisciplinary collaborations.
- To foster high impact sponsored extramural project grants involving cross-disciplinary researchers in disease treatments and nanomedicine.
- To operate a UW core facility devoted to nanomedicine development.
- To engage in strategic alliances with academic, industrial, and government partners on cross-disciplinary nanomedicines and drug development.