Fall 2015 Application Instructions
Page 1 of 4 - Required Application Materials
All applicants must submit the following materials. Additional information about these materials can be found below: The Application for Fall 2015 is open and accessible below.
- PharmCAS Application
- UW-Madison Supplemental Application and Application Fee (e-submit to UW-Madison)
- PCAT Exam (sent to PharmCAS)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (sent to PharmCAS)
- Official College Transcripts (sent to PharmCAS)
- AP, IB and other Test Scores (score for each exam must be provided on the PharmCAS application)
- For Permanent Residents: (Non-U.S. Citizens who have obtained permanent residency in the U.S.) Please mail or email a photocopy of your Visa/Green Card to the School of Pharmacy. If you choose to email the photocopy, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (private and secure email that only is accessible by Jeremy Altschafl, the Director of Admissions).
- For International Applicants: TOEFL Exam, Visa Documentation, Foreign Transcript Evaluation, & Financial Certification
- For Reapplicants: Information for Reapplicants
Applicants may find it useful to keep track of the application process via the PharmD Application Checklist.
- PharmCAS Application. Candidates apply online via PharmCAS in the fall semester prior to the year in which they are seeking admission. All college transcripts, letters of recommendation and PCAT scores are sent to PharmCAS. Applicants who are re-applying need to resubmit ALL application materials. Application materials do not carry over from one year to the next; however, some of your previous year's data will be saved. Be sure to select the reapplicaton login when you begin your PharmCAS application. We encourage Fall 2015 applicants to complete the PharmCAS application at least three weeks prior to the November 3 deadline to allow for application reviews around the November 3 deadline).
NOTE. We will accept and review all completed applications submitted by November 3, 2014.
- UW-Madison Supplemental Application & Application Fee. A UW-Madison supplemental application is required for all applicants. The supplemental application and supplemental application fee of $56.00 must be submitted by November 3, 2014 (the PharmCAS application deadline is also November 3, 2014). We encourage Fall 2015 applicants to complete the PharmCAS application at least three weeks prior to the November, 3 deadline to allow for application reviews around the November, 3 deadline). (see the NOTE above). The application fee can be submitted via credit card at the time of submission. If paying by check is preferred, the non-refundable supplemental application fee must be sent directly to the UW-Madison School of Pharmacy in the form of check or money order made payable to the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Paying by credit card is preferred. The supplemental application is entirely online and must be submitted online. The Fall 2015 supplemental application is currently available.
- PCAT Exam. The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) is required. Scores must be sent to PharmCAS (code number 104). We will not accept scores sent directly to the University of Wisconsin. The PCAT must be taken prior to the application deadline (November 3, 2014). Scores from the January 2015 PCAT will NOT be accepted for Fall 2015 admission. The November 3, 2014 exam will be the latest exam considered for Fall 2015 admission. Pre-registration for the exam is required; please see dates listed on the PCAT web site. PCAT scores must be from 2012 or more recent. Scores from 2011 will not be accepted.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation. Three PharmCAS letters of recommendation are required. Electronic submission is strongly preferred. You will need to designate your evaluators as part of your PharmCAS application. All applicants must use PharmCAS recommendation forms. PharmCAS recommendation forms for Fall 2015 admission will not be available until the PharmCAS application is available. Letter of recommendation requirements:
- Three (3) letters on PharmCAS forms
- One of the three letters must be from a college-level math or science instructor (professor, lecturer, teaching assistant)
- One of the three letters must be from a non-academic setting (work/volunteer supervisor)
- The third letter can be from anyone EXCEPT:
- Family Member
- Co-Worker (equal in standing)
- Official College Transcripts. All official transcripts must be sent to PharmCAS. Transcripts sent to the University of Wisconsin during the application period WILL NOT be accepted. Official transcripts from International colleges/universities will not be accepted. International coursework must be evaluated by ECE or WES. See the International Application section for additional information.
- AP, IB and other Test Scores. If you wish to receive credit for AP or IB coursework, the coursework must be identified on one or more of your college transcripts (each AP exam must be transferred in as a course with credits on your current transcript). We understand that very few transcripts show the actual AP score earned. Because of this, you must self-disclose, digitally, your AP or IB scores on your PharmCAS application. DO NOT SEND SCORE REPORTS TO PHARMCAS. Your credit will be granted according to UW-Madison Credit by Exam policies. If your AP classes are not showing up on your current transcript, please contact UW-Madison Admissions. If you are having difficulty finding the area in the PharmCAS application to enter scores, please contact PharmCAS Customer Service. In the PharmCAS "adding courses" section, the score is entered in a box labeled "Test Score" which is directly below the "Special Classification" section where you would select Advanced Placement. NOTE: If your college transcripts do not list each course transferred in from your AP tests (for example, it just lists 20 AP credits), contact PharmCAS Customer service about how to enter the scores and email the Director of Admission (email@example.com) to manually inform the school of your scores. PLEASE DO NOT SEND SCORE REPORTS TO PHARMCAS.